Reconnecting to the Past to Plan for the Future
Integrating respect, accountability, and reciprocity to community-minded archaeological research supports reconciliation.
Our heritage division works closely with Indigenous communities to provide collaborative and innovative solutions to meet your heritage management needs. Our team provides heritage and archaeological services throughout British Columbia from office-based support and planning to field-based assessments.
We provide services for all project phases and types including private land assemblies to forestry developments and everything in between. We ensure regulatory compliance and go beyond by integrating Indigenous community collaborators throughout a project’s lifecycle to find solutions that respect and support their social, cultural, and economic needs.
Our highly skilled team integrates digital tools and technology to record, understand, and learn from the past to develop innovative systems to plan for a sustainable future. Cabin is committed to building respectful relationships with Indigenous communities throughout BC and centers reconciliation in all our actions.
Assessments and Analysis
- Preliminary Field Reconnaissance (PFR)
- Archaeological Impact Assessment (AIA)
- Archaeological Site Recording
- Cultural Material Analysis
- Remote Sensing and Modeling
- Archaeological Overview Assessment
- Culturally Modified Tree (CMT) Stem-Round Analysis
Permitting and Planning
- Heritage Conservation Act Permitting (Inspection and Alteration)
- Archaeological Project Management
- Archaeological Referrals and Project Reviews
- Chance Find Procedures
- Property Searches
Mitigation and Remediation
- Systematic Data Recovery
- Archaeological Monitoring
- Digital Site Mapping and Surveillance
- Post-Impact Archaeological Services
Community Oriented Services
- Heritage Protection Plans and Policies
- Community-based Heritage Research
- Traditional Knowledge and Land Use Studies
- Cultural Material Modeling, Analysis, and Training
Unit 20A - 100 Kalamalka Lake Rd.
Vernon, BC, V1T 9G1
Room #500A - 901 Front St.
Nelson, BC, V1L 4C1
#2-3304 Appaloosa Rd.
Kelowna, BC, V1V 2W5
119 Broadway St W
Nakusp, BC V0G 1R0
Looking for a new career?
©2023 Cabin Resource Management. All rights reserved.